.... this is really such a fabulous dip. I get bombarded with recipe requests each time I make it. It makes a LOT, so if you are serving it to a small group you will want to half it. It's a Rachael Ray recipe I found on the back of a Wheat Thins box over the holidays:
Spinach, Garlic & Vegetable Dip
2 boxes, 10 ounces each, chopped frozen spinach
1 brick, 8 ounces, cream cheese, softened
2 packages, 5.2 ounces each, garlic and fine herbs Gournay cheese (I had a hard time finding this until just recently - it is a Doursin brand, but I ended up using an Alouette version - look in the specialty cheese section)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice, eyeball it
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce, eyeball it
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can, 5 ounces, sliced water chestnuts,
drained and chopped
4 scallions (green onions), chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
WHEAT THINS Snack Crackers
Celery sticks, for dipping
Defrost the spinach in the microwave. Place defrosted spinach in a clean kitchen towel and wring it completely dry. Separate and add to a mixing bowl (I also chop it a bit so it's not so stringy - thanks for the tip, Mom!). In a food processor, combine cream cheese, Gournay cheese and cream and process until very smooth. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce and pulse process to combine. Add the smooth cheese blend to spinach and mix in the bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions and carrots with a rubber spatula until the vegetables are evenly distributed. Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and surround with crackers and some celery sticks.
Makes 5 cups or 40 servings, 2 tablespoons dip and 16 crackers each.
1 comment:
I agree, this is a superb dip! It keeps quite a long time in the frig, too. The finer the spinach is chopped, the better the dip.
Post a Comment