Here is a super yummy, super easy recipe that is great for Sunday dinners! I made this for Mom and Dad last night who came and had dinner at my house and they seemed to like it. It is also very easy to increase this recipe. Originally it is 1 cup of each item, bu I put the amount for serving 12.
Hawaiian Chicken
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c Aloha soy sauce (very important you find this kind, you can use other kinds but you would have to add more water and more sugar about 1/4 c more sugar and water to dilute it down)
1 1/2 c water
12 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
Mix togther in a large pot the sugar water and soy sauce, ,bring to a boil on high, add frozen chicken thighs, bring back to a boil (Watch closely because when it decides to boil again it will boil over very fast!) Once at a boil, cover and turn heat down to low and simmer from 2-4 hours.
You can eat this with ham fried rice or just white rice and it is super yummy! Let me know if you have any questions about how to prepare this. I know you will like it!
3 comments:
It really is a good recipe! As printed, the recipe calls for chicken breast; Brenda used thighs, and they were yummy. So I'm sure whatever "part" you have on hand would do nicely. The brand of soy sauce called for is made in Hawaii.
Holy cow that's a lot of sugar! But it sounds yummy.
Oops. Did I put breasts?? I meant thighs. Thighs soak up the flavor more! Haven't tried it with breasts but I think it would work... Yes it is a lot of sugar but it is way good!! You can get the soy sauce at any Oriental food store.. At least you should be able to.. And I looked online and Sams Club carries it.
Post a Comment