Monday, February 4, 2008

Mona's Super Easy Mozzarella Cheese Bread

Let me start off by saying a few words.. I checked out Shelene's Dad's website and it is REALLY awesome! I think you should all check it out! So thanks Shelene! Second, I don't check the blog for a few days and oh my recipes! I love it! And last but not least, as much as I would LOVE to claim this recipe, I can't, it is our dear sister Ramona's.... But I like it because it is EASY and I always have all the ingredients at my house and they are SUPER yummy!! So thanks Mona!

Mozzarella Cheese Bread

1 tbsp yeast
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c warm water

Combine and let sit for 5 minutes. Add:

1 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
3 to 4 cups flour

Mix until well combined. Melt 1/3 c butter and pour half into a cookie sheet. Knead dough into pan like a pizza. Pour remaining butter on top of dough and season as desired (I use dry Italian Dressing mix and Salad Supreme). Spread 1 to 1 1/2 c grated mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes. Cut into strips with pizza cutter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy, I'll have to try that one for sure!

Brenda Sue said...

Its WAY yummy and WAY easy!!! I like it because you don't have to wait for the yeast to raise. I put a nice good layer of Salad Supreme and just a package of Italian dressing.. This recipe is going in my weekly menu.