Chocolate Tartlets
Makes 24 tartlets
2/3 cup whipping cream
3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
1 recipe Cream Cheese Tart Shells
Powdered sugar (optional)
For Filling: In a small saucepan heat whipping cream over medium heat just to simmering. Remove from heat. Place semisweet and milk chocolate in medium mixing bowl; pour hot cream over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes (do not stir.) Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Beat chilled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed just until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spoon or pipe mixture into cooled Cream Cheese Tart Shells. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 3 days. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
3 comments:
I made these tonight but the ganache was way too firm to pipe out of my pastry bag, even after whipping it - it probably sat too long while I prepared the pastry bag - so I just used a melon baller instead. They are very yummy, but very rich.
I will have to make these.. Do you just use a regular size muffin pan or a mini muffin pan?
I am making these as we speak for a Relief Society thing tomorrow, and I am using my silicone pan and it works GREAT!! Thanks! Hopefully they are good!
Post a Comment