Our church meetings start at 8:30 a.m., but since I do the program, I'm at the church usually by 8:00 a.m. which means that wake-up time on Sunday is around 7:00. Not easy to do, but it gets done. The last thing I want to do is cook up a big breakfast for the kids - that's just not possible so early in the morning! So a good stand-by I've found is muffins. And who doesn't love a good blueberry muffin?!
Crispy topped Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Zest 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Topping
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
Vanilla
1/3 cup unsalted butter
Pre-heat oven 375 degrees
Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each egg. Add the vanilla and milk and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, zest and blueberries in a large bowl. Gently fold in the butter mixture. Do not over mix. Divide into well greased muffin tins.
To prepare the topping, place the flour, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and mix until you form a coarse meal. Sprinkle on top of each muffin. Place in the oven and bake about 20-25 minutes or until the middle springs back slowly when touched. Cool and eat.
3 comments:
Who doesn't like a good blueberry muffin? I DON'T! :)
You're no fun.
Roberta.. Can you use dried blueberries?
Post a Comment