I have zero motivation to cook dinner tonight. Partly because I ate an entire 1/2 pound burger for lunch, and I'm still quite full. And partly because it's hot outside, and I'm just plain lazy! So here's my question for all of you: what is your favorite go-to meal when you really don't want to make dinner?
6 comments:
Tacos. But since Rob doesn't like meat we use refried beans instead - mixed with some taco seasoning and lots of cheese. They're definitely my #1 standby, because they take less than 5 minutes to prepare and I always have the ingredients on hand.
Mine is spaghetti, with store bought sauce. All you have to do is boil the noodles and cook up some hamburger to go in the sauce.
We do spaghetti too. But, if we've already done that we switch to pancakes. Nothing better than breakfast for dinner!
I thought of another no brainer meal. Shepherd's Pie. I do it the super easy way--take a can of cooked meat (pork or beef), can of tomato sauce or soup, bag of frozen mixed veggies, garlic, and S&P. Put in a pan or crockpot and top with instant mashed potatoes & cheese. I've made this in the crockpot and the oven.
Hawaiian Haystacks are one of my favorites. Just use cream of chicken soup for the gravy.
But, as YOU (the Westover kids) all know, there's nothing like a grilled cheese sandwich and either soup or fruit...nutritious, filling, cheap, and ingredients always on hand.
Breakfast of somekind. . . pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc.
Post a Comment