Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cookie Dough Truffles

These are a scrumptious treat that I got from a friend. Clayton thinks they are too rich and too sweet, but in my experience, I have never eaten anything that met that description!

1/2 c. softened butter
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. semisweet mini chocolate chips
1-1 1/2 lbs. chocolate bark candy coating, melted

In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate chips, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls. (dough will be pretty sticky, so coat your fingers with flour or butter) Place balls on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours.

Melt chocolate bark in double boiler. Using 2 forks or tongs, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill for at least 1 hour to set.

Ruth's notes: Yeah, so on my first attempt to make these, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally used evaporated milk instead of condensed. Needless to say, they didn't turn out very well. Also, I used my cookie dough scooper/melon baller to make the balls, and I think it was a bit too big. I think if you made 1 inch balls like the recipe calls for, then they are easier to eat. But it's definitely easier to use a cookie dough scooper instead of shaping the balls by hand. Last thing: I think that I only used about 1/2 lb of the dipping chocolate, not a full 1-1 1/2 lb like the recipe calls for. So I would recommend melting just 1/2 lb of chocolate to start, and then melt more if needed.

Delicous!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not the inspiration I needed to stick to a healthy diet. Thanks.