Monday, November 17, 2008

Chocolate Cake

Another one thanks to Audrey - every dish she made was fabulous!! I'm waiting on her cashew and pear salad recipe. Mmmmm.... This cake was seriously so good. The chocolate icing was beyond delicious. Couldn't believe it was a cake mix, either.

Grandma Raty’s Chocolate Cake

Devil’s Food cake mix – bake in two rounds, then cut each in half once cool

Whipped Cream – Whip 1 pint heavy cream, then add 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/3 cup sugar toward end of whipping time

Chocolate frosting
1 block butter (1/2 cup), softened
2 1/2 squares of baking (unsweetened) chocolate
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Layer chocolate cake with whipped cream, then frost.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like I need the pear cashew salad recipe for our RS Progressive dinner. I'm in charge of the salad course for 60 and I promised to wow them.

Eric Westover said...

Pretty much anything with a whole block of butter is going to be good.

Brenda Sue said...

Mmmmmmmmm... Chocolate.... Sounds heavenly!