Monday, November 17, 2008

Chicken Parmesan Pasta

My cute friend Audrey made this for Bunko Friday night, it was Dee-licious! Will definitely make this for my family...

Chicken Parmesan Pasta

2 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
1 box mini or regular penne pasta
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2 cup fresh torn basil leaves

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Place breadcrumbs in sealable bag. Add chicken pieces in batches. Shake to coat and remove.
4. In two batches, sauté chicken approximately 4-5 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
5. Heat remaining olive oil in skillet. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
6. Add cream, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well and remove from heat.
7. In baking dish, combine tomatoes, pasta, chicken, half of the mozzarella, parmesan and half of the basil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and broil in oven until melted.

(I usually mix in an additional cup of mozzarella, and I double the cream, salt, pepper and oregano when I make the sauce (but I don’t put all of that extra sauce in, just most))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh yum. I'm so glad that I'm not on a diet so I can continue to eat yummy, creamy food!

Brenda Sue said...

Oh you don't NEED to be on a diet Roberta! Silly!
This is definitely one to try!