Most of you have already seen the recipe I like for the plain, cream cheese and mint brownies. If you haven't tried them, you really must - they are most delicious. Especially the cream cheese. Especially the mint. Also the plain!! The friend I got the recipes from just passed on another variation that I am anxious to try: Peanut Butter. (Bert - these have your name written ALL over them - I'm sure they'll make you feel happy!)
Peanut Butter Brownies
1 recipe of double fudge brownies (I'll post this at the bottom).
1 cup peanut butter chips
Peanut Butter Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
6 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
Blend all together until smooth.
Make brownie recipe and mix in the 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Spread 2/3 of it in greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Blob peanut butter mixture on top and smooth out as evenly as you can. Spread remaining brownie batter on top and spread smooth. I do not swirl the two together and I like the way the layers look when you cut the finished product. These bake for about 30 to 35 minutes at 350. Cool completely before serving. They taste better at room temp rather than warm from the pan. They freeze really nicely too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Double Fudge Brownies
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs, at room temp
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly butter an 8x8 pan, set aside.
Melt chocolate and butter in medium pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Once melted take off of heat and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Place slightly cooled chocolate/butter mixture in a bowl with sugar. Combine. Add vanilla. With mixer on, add one egg at a time. Add flour on low speed and mix for 20 seconds. Continue mixing by hand, scraping sides of bowl.
Spread batter in pan evenly. Bake until tester comes out clean - about 25 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mint Brownies
Make same exact brownie recipe as above. Once brownies are cool add the following step:
Mint buttercream:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp butter, room temp
2 tsp mint extract
Mix all ingredients together until light and fluffy. (Can add green food coloring if you want.) Spread evenly on top of cooled brownies in pan. Place pan in freezer for one hour. After the hour is up make the glaze.
Glaze:
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tsp light corn syrup.
Melt chocolate over low heat. Take off of heat and store in corn syrup. Allow glaze to cool to the point where it is no longer hot but it still spreadable. Take brownies out of freezer and spread glaze over them. IMMEDIATELY put in fridge and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cream Cheese Brownies
Make brownie recipe from above. BEFORE you bake them do the following:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
1 1/2 tsp flour
5 tbsp sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix all together until light and fluffy.
Spread about 2/3 of the brownie batter in prepared pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Using a spoon scoop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture. Swirl with the tip of a knife. Bake until tester comes out clean - about 25 minutes at 350°.
4 comments:
Holy cow, if those won't put 5 pounds on my hips, I don't know what will! I'm definitely going to need to try all of the versions - for testing purposes, of course ;-)
I forgot to mention on the mint brownie variation, add enough milk to the powdered sugar, butter and mint extract mixture to get a nice frosting consistency.
We tried the pb brownies tonight.....not too shabby. Except we did it with a regular box of brownie mix. Next time I will do it the right way and see which I like better!-Shelene
Hmmmmmmmm.. I think I will try the cream cheese brownies today!! I know I know, I'm a sucker for chocolate and cream cheese!! Then I will have to try the peanut butter ones! Not today though of course! Thanks!
Post a Comment