Despite only having 4 hours of sleep in a 48-hour period, book club last night went over amazingly well. Here's the final menu:
hummus with veggies
Garbanzo bean/zucchini salad
yams with toasted spices (this was a favorite of everybody by the end of the night)
chicken shawarma
brownies and ice cream
Everyone loved the food. I had originally started to make lemon bars, but my lack of sleep was seriously impacting my brain power, so I went the easy route. The book discussion went just as well, and a good time was had by all. And I'm glad to say that I took a prescription sleep aid last night, and finally had a semi good night's sleep. I'm not altogether "with it" today, but that's okay!
1 comment:
So are the yams and toasted spices a recipe that I missed somewhere along the line? If they are at all like Karen's sweet potato fries, they must have been good.
Post a Comment