Monday, October 11, 2010

Twice-baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

I admit, I've been on a sweet potato/yam kick for the past year, and this is just one more reason why I'll continue to eat them. One of the ingredients is broccoli, but I just might get brave enough to include it in the recipe...after I chop it up until I can't recognize it anymore!

Twice-Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Yields 4 servings

4 sweet potatoes, well cleaned
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream or
Greek yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 teaspoons dried dill
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and well-drained, chopped
2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Remove, let sit until cool enough
to handle. Cut each in half. Scoop out insides to create “boats.”

In a large bowl, mix the insides of the potatoes with the olive oil,
sour cream or greek yogurt, cottage cheese, feta, dill, tomatoes,
broccoli, and olives, and stir until combined. Season to taste with
salt and pepper, and scoop mixture back into each potato half.

Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese
is fully melted. Top with additional sour cream/Greek yogurt or
enjoy straight from oven.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I just saw a recipe for pasta covered with pesto that had broccoli whirled into the pesto in a food processor. Looks like a great idea for the broccoli-fobic.

Unknown said...

That's me!