Mmmm, this was a yummy creation. I am so glad that it turned out so good. I started out wanting to make chicken cordon bleu, but then I discoverd that Clayton had eaten the last of the Swiss cheese for lunch, and I didn't want to go to the store to get more. So, I improvised!
I took two large chicken breasts, pounded them until they were thin, but they were still pretty thick and I thought they'd probably be pretty kinda to roll up. So I took a sharp knife and sliced them right down the middle so they wouldn't be so thick. Now I had four chicken breasts, in a nice and thin and long shape, perfect for rolling.
On each chicken breast half, I placed 2-3 slices of ham, and then spread 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese. Next came a heaping spoonful of cranberry sauce that I happened to have leftover in my fridge. Then I rolled up each piece, starting with the thick top and ending with the skinny bottom, like rolling a crescent roll. I secured the middle and both sides with tooth picks, so that none of the yummy fillings could escape while being cooked.
Next, I dipped each chicken roll into a dish filled with a well-beaten egg. From there, I dipped the egg-slathered chicken roll into a dish filled with Panko crumbs (I'm sure any old kind of bread crumbs would work here, but Panko is yum), dried parsley, and a sprinkle of garlic salt. I placed each chicken roll onto a parchment-covered baking sheet, and cooked at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken was cooked through. Delicious.
Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
sliced ham
cream cheese
cranberry sauce or jelly
1 egg, well-beaten
1-2 c. Panko or bread crumbs
Other spices as desired
No comments:
Post a Comment