Monday, October 11, 2010

Havarti Spinach Roll

This is not an official recipe...yet. But it definitely something I'm going to see if I can replicate.
On our anniversary trip we ate at the Blue Lion in Jackson. This was the appetizer we ordered. I could have made a meal of several of these "rolls" and been in heaven!

Using a couple of philo squares for the crust, put on a generous pile of drained, frozen spinach mixed with chopped mushrooms and lots of havarti cheese. Wrap it up like you would an apple dumpling, place seam side down on a parchement covered pan, and bake until the crust is a deep golden brown. Serve immediately.

I'm definitely going to play around with this...It was fabulous!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it phyllo, or puff pastry?

Ruth Sagers said...

It sounds delicious!

Linda Westover said...

I've never used puff pastry. I thought it was phyllo, but I may be wrong. It was really light and flaky, whatever it was.