Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lettuce Wraps

Gioza, is like the pot stickers recipe just posted, but my recipe is a lot simpler so I'll just leave it.

Lettuce Wraps
(These don't need to be made in a crockpot as directed, but I got the basic recipe from crockpot365.blogspot.com) Enjoy!

--1 pound ground chicken, turkey or pork
--5 chopped cloves of garlic
--1/2 chopped onion
--1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
--1/4 cup soy sauce
--1/4 cup white wine
--1/2 t ginger
--dash of allspice (or a dash each of cloves, cinnamon and black pepper)
--2 T balsamic vinegar

The Directions:
--chop up the onions and garlic, dump into crockpot on top of the meat
--in a mixing bowl, mix the liquid and spices
--pour sauce on top of meat, cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high, 6-8 on low.
--serve over lettuce leaves.

2 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

These sound super yummy! Although, I'm beginning to think that EVERYTHING sounds yummy!

Ruth Sagers said...

Thanks Rhonda! Looks great.