Monday, October 27, 2008

This one's for you, Eric

Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

1 cup raw green pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and lime juice; toss to coat.

Spread on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until puffed and browned, about 10 minutes.

5 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

By "green" pumpkin seeds, do you mean that the pumpkin is green, or are the seeds green?

Unknown said...

ha ha. Green, meaning un-cooked.

Brenda Sue said...

Haha! I was going to ask the same thing, only asking if it was the seeds that were green.

Eric Westover said...

Nice. I just soaked some seeds in hotsauce and then sprinkled chili powder over them and they turned out pretty good. I also did some soaked in butter/olive oil and then sprinkled seasoning salt over. Not too shabby.

Ruth Sagers said...

I don't know what happened to my seeds this year, but they tasted and smelled awful. I think the pumpkin wasn't ripe or something like that, because something was way wrong with the seeds. I was pretty disappointed!