Monday, October 20, 2008

It's chilly out there!

Autumn is officially here. This I know, because it started raining today, and I'm sure it won't stop (other than the occasional sun-break) until May 2009. Fun times! Hey, at least I don't have to shovel snow! This is a shout out for my favorite chili mix. I've been using it for 10+ years, and love it. The ingredients are simple:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 pkg. Carol Shelby's Chili Mix



You can add the beans of your choice, or not at all. I also like to add in a sweet onion. Tonight we're having it sans onion, with black beans and chili beans. I know, it isn't like me to eat beans, but I'm trying to eat a more balanced diet. And I figure peanut butter can't be the only "legume" in my diet :-)

3 comments:

Linda Westover said...

So where do I find this chili mix? by the canned chili, or in the spice section?

Unknown said...

I find it next to the gravy and other sauce mixes. The Albertsons here carries it, but I can't remember where I used to get it in Salt Lake.

Karen said...

I've been known to splash a little of my favorite BBQ sauce into the mix. It gives the powdered mix just a sweeter smoky note.