My girlfriends and I are known for having some spectacular brunches for things like birthdays and baby showers. I recently attended one to celebrate the upcoming birth of my friend Andrea's baby (she's a cutie!), and we were served some fabulous dishes. This was my favorite:
Apricot-Chicken Salad
Yields 6 servings
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
3 tablespoons apricot preserves
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3/4 cup sliced celery
1 (6-oz) package dried apricots, chopped
Garnishes: fresh apricot slices, fresh thyme sprigs
Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add chicken and the next 3 ingredients, tossing gently. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish if desired.
3 comments:
Hi Roberta! I am a friend of Mona's. Your recipes look SO yummy! Definitely going to be trying them!
xo
Marisa
Aw, thanks Marisa! Mona and I share a great love of good food, so I'm glad this is an avenue with which we can share that with others.
You know if it has apricots I'll have to try it. It sounds lucious!
Post a Comment