French Breakfast Puffs
1/3 c shortening
½ c sugar
1 egg
1 ½ c flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ c milk
½ c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ c butter, melted
Heat oven to 350. grease 15 medium muffin cups. Mix shortening, ½ c sugar and the egg thoroughly. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, & nutmeg alternately with milk. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Mix ½ c sugar and the cinnamon. Roll hot puffs in melted butter, then in sugar mixture. Serve warm.
4 comments:
Yum, those sound good!
Mmmmhmmm!! That they are!
Maybe I did something wrong when I made these, or maybe my expectations were just way off. By the name "french breakfast puffs," I was expecting something light and fluffy, like maybe a cream puff, but they turned out to be just muffins. They tasted good, but I was a little disappointed that they weren't more "puffy."
That's what I was thinking!! I'm glad you tried making them first so I don't get disappointed when mine aren't "puffy".
Post a Comment