Monday, March 10, 2008

the best EVER sandwich

Those of you who know me know that my favorite food in the entire world is peanut butter. When pregnant, peanut butter is often the only thing that I crave, or that I can stomach. Not just any peanut butter, mind you, but JIF. No, Aaron, Skippy is not better than JIF, no matter what you say, or how many times you say it. My favorite sandwich is one inspired by my late Grandpa Westover - at least he's the first one I remember seeing make it. It's simple, and in fact I just got done eating one and - crap, got honey on the keyboard! Sorry sweetie!

white bread
butter
JIF creamy peanut butter
creamy clover honey
toaster

Toast your bread, butter to taste
Slather with peanut butter -the more the merrier
Apply a good coating of clover honey
Mix, and enjoy!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What I find works really well is to dip each bite of my peanut butter coated toast INTO the honey. Your dad would say, I like a little toast with my honey! Aunt Karen

Brenda Sue said...

Well Hello there!!! I like mixing my peanut butter and my honey together in a bowl and then put it on my toast! Its yummy! You can never have too much peanut butter!

Linda Westover said...

I cast my vote for Jif, too. But almost any kind of peanut butter is better than not having any at all.