This was served at our Stake RS Broadcast, and was really, really good, and would be over the top delicious if served with buttermilk syrup (there's a recipe for this in the Macbeth cookbook).
Creme Brulee French Toast
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 loaf Texas Toast bread or other thick sliced bread (we used french toast and cut it in thick slices--you have to squeeze the pieces tight to have most of the loaf fit in a 9x12 pan)
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of cinnamon
In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally.
Pour mixture onto large, greased jelly roll pan (18x1x1") (we used 9x13 pans).
Spread around to cover surface. Place 12 slices of bread in a single layer to cover pan.
Mix together eggs, cream, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
4 comments:
Sounds amazing! Since I'm going to have to do one of those dinners again, tell me what else they served with it.
I can testify that it was REALLY good! The only thing I can remember having been served with it was fruit...but the french toast eclipsed everything else, so my memory may be faulty.
You know how much I love creme brulee, so this would be a smash in our house!
I think the only other thing besides fruit was some whole wheat bread for those who didn't/couldn't have the french toast.
Post a Comment