Friday, January 27, 2012

Stuffed Mushrooms

This was another recipe that I made for our Christmas Eve feast. I added an extra ingredient on a whim--a neighbor gave us a chunk of horseradish cheddar cheese, which helped me realize how much I like horseradish. I shredded about 1/4 c. and tossed it in with the rest of the ingedients and it gave these mushrooms an awesome little kick. If you don't have horseradish cheese, you could probably add some prepared horseradish sauce. Or leave it out all together if you're not a fan. But I am a fan. Tasty.

12 large fresh mushrooms
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 clove garlic, minced
4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley

Heat oven to 350. Remove stems from mushrooms, and if necessary, use a small spoon to scoop out a hollow spot in the cap. Mix together remaining ingredients; spoon into mushroom caps. Place filled-side up on a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish. Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it you will eat mushrooms but not blueberries??

Ruth Sagers said...

Easy. Mushrooms taste good. Blueberries do not.