Nobody in my house like shrimp as much as I do, so I rarely get to eat them. This recipe came across my desk this morning and I think it just might be inspiring enough to make some for myself!
Coconut Shrimp With Mango Greek Yogurt Dip
2 Servings
Ingredients
1 lb. shrimp (16 - 20 count) peeled and deveined
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup pureed mango
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
In a bowl, combine yogurt, mango puree, honey and cilantro, mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, ginger and garlic. On a plate, combine flour and coconut. After cleaning the shrimp, dip in egg batter and dredge in coconut and flour to coat. Deep fry for approximately three minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and allow to dry on paper towels. Serve with Mango Yogurt Dip.
No comments:
Post a Comment