Saturday, June 18, 2011

food storage recipes

Aaron and Vince went to the cannery this morning and put up our food storage, which is now in its rightful place in our storage room.  Now all I need are recipes with which I can use said food storage.  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's one I just found:
Cream of Rice with Apple and Banana

Ingredients:

1/4 c. brown rice per person
1/2 c. water per 1/4 c. rice
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 c. milk, reconstituted from powdered
1/4 cup apple flakes or crushed banana chips per person

Put dry rice in blender and grind until a course meal is obtained. Add cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add milk and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Add chopped dry fruit.

Serving Suggestion: Substitute peach dices and/or berries.

Carla and crew said...

what all did you put up?

Unknown said...

carrot, onions, wheat, beans, potato pearls, apple slices, milk, rice...

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

try http://everydayfoodstorage.net/food-storage-recipes i also have a great recipe for crockpot oatmeal. i'll try to post it soon.