Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Appetizers

As part of the Wilson Choir families, every year we donate an entry in the Wilson Auction.  This usually consists of 5 or 6 families willing to prepare dinner 5-6 times a year for the winner of the auction.  We did this last year and I made my stuffed meatloaf and some other yummies.  This year, the winner has asked that instead of preparing a 3 course dinner for 6, could I please prepare a dinner of heavy appetizers for 8-10 people.  Ugh.  Here's what I have on the list so far, but please, please give me your input!


Spinach feta triangles
Smoked salmon crostini
Fresh Fruit bruschetta 
Sweet and Sour Meatballs - anyone have a good/easy meatball recipe?
Chicken satay with peanut sauce
Herbed Shrimp and Tomatoes with basil dipping sauce

6 comments:

Linda Westover said...

The Lion House Cookbook recipe is pretty easy and really good.

Brenda Sue said...

Mom took the words right out of my mouth! Super easy and SUPER yummy!!

Unknown said...

awesome, but what if I don't have that cookbook?

Ruth Sagers said...

I entered an easy meatball recipe in the most recent macbeth cookbook.

Anonymous said...

1 jar chili sauce, 1 can cranberries (with whole berries, not just jellied). Makes a delicious sauce for meatballs!!

Anonymous said...

Also, this appetizer is pretty light but super easy and very yummy: 1 halved cherry tomato, basil leaf (folded or rolled) and fresh mozzarella skewered on a toothpick, drizzled with a balsamic glaze.