Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crock pot chicken & stuffing

This was a quick and easy meal to throw in the crock pot on Sunday afternoon, and by the time we came home from feeding the cows, dinner was done! Ingredients: 2-4 chicken breasts 2 cans cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup 1 can chicken broth 1 box stuffing mix 1/2 cube butter/margarine, melted sliced swiss cheese Mix together the cans of soup and broth in the crock pot. Place chicken breasts into soup mixture, and then place slices of cheese on top of the chicken. Pour the box of stuffing mix on top of the chicken, and then pour the melted butter over the top of the stuffing. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. My notes: I used a chicken buillion cube & some water in place of the chicken broth. And I didn't have swiss cheese (I thought I did, but Clayton ate it), so I used cheddar, and it tasted great with cheddar. This would be a great meal to serve over rice.

2 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

Just so you know, I didn't type it all skeewampus like it is posted. I typed a neat list of ingredients and separated the paragraphs. But for some reason, the post is showing up as all jumbled together. I didn't do it! Not my fault! And I went back & edited it, reposted, and it's still all messed up! Darn technology.

Brenda Sue said...

That sounds delicious Ruthie!! I'll have to try that out.