Now, all of you who know me should be shocked by the title of this recipe, because I do not like cheesecake. However, I was making brownies last night and decided to do a little experimenting. I love to add peanut butter to a brownie mix, but I was thinking about other things that would be good to add. I thought of our beloved "surprise cupcakes" and how delicious they are. So I decided to make the filling for surprise cupcakes and add it to the brownies.
Here's what I did:
1 brownie mix, any kind, mix according to directions on package.
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
Mix together cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Pour brownie mix into size of pan indicated on brownie mix package (mine was 8x8). Pour cream cheese mix on top of brownie mix, and swirl it around to create a marbled effect. Don't mix it in too thoroughly. Then I baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick came out clean. Took it out of the oven, and sprinkled a few handfuls of mini chocolate chips on top, which melted nicely.
Now, since I don't really like cheesecake, this had a bit too much of cream cheese and not enough brownie. If I were to try this again, I would cut the amount of cream cheese in half. However, all of you crazy cheesecake people would probably enjoy the full amount. Clayton thinks I'm a genius.
5 comments:
You are a genius. I'm glad Clayton finally realized it! p.s. I need more cherries from this year's crop! Love you.
Brilliant!!!
Sounds yummy to me -- and a lot faster than surprise cupcakes.
It just doesn't make sense. You like surprise cupcakes, but you don't like cheesecake? You're weird.
Wow! I have got to try that!! Mmmmm... I'm drooling just thinking about it... Mmmmm.. Cheesecake brownies... Mmmmmm..
Post a Comment