Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mushroom Dip

This is a Carol Wilkinson recipe that I love! It's pretty easy, and makes a great appetizer.

2 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste
lemon juice to taste
1 1/2 c. grated Swiss cheese
2/3 c. parsley (fresh is best, but dried works)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 to 3/4 c. chopped green onion
1/2 tsp. paprika

Saute mushrooms withbutter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes; remover from heat. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into casserole dish. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers.
(Also great spooned over chicken.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaron would love it because of the mushrooms. I can stand them cooked if I absolutely have to!

Brenda Sue said...

MMMMMMMM.... Sounds good! Jordan would never eat it, which means I would probably never make it since I would have to eat it all myself. :(