Friday, June 20, 2008

Foil Wrapped Grilled Onions

I saw this one on a cooking segment of morning television and since the grill was on last night, I tried it and I think it will become a regular at our house.

Peel as many large sweet onions as you'd like. (One per serving)
I sliced each one almost thru in quarters at the core. (Like a bloomin' onion.) Press several slices of butter into each cut and then wrap tightly in foil. Place on a medium heat grill for about an hour. (I was in a hurry so I heated the onions in the microwave before I wrapped them. It cut the cooking time in half.) They are juicy when you unwrap them, so be careful and if done right, are browned nicely on the bottom and super soft and sweet throughout. Delicious.

2 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

How funny!! I was actually thinking about Grill recipes because we got one from Jordan's parents for Mothers Day and Father's Day, and I have been LOOKING for grilling recipes, so feel free to share any good grill recipes you may have! Thanks! We will try these for sure!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE sweet onions, so this will be a must!!