Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wild Berry Salad













Wishing I had fresh black berries whenever I wanted to make this salad. Sounds delicious!!

Wild Berry Salad
Submitted by Melanie ~ The Sisters Cafe
Recipe from The Gathering Of Friends Volume 3

•3 heads, hearts of romaine lettuce
•12 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
•1 c. pomegranates
•1-1/2 c. black berries, rinsed
•3/4 c. pistachios (Mona note: pretty sure I'd replace these with sugared almonds, personally)

Clean and tear hearts of romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place in serving bowl. Add berries, pomegranates, pistachios and feta cheese. Finish with Pomegranate Salad Dressing, toss and serve.

Pomegranate Salad Dressing
•1-1/2 c. oil
•3/4 c. pomegranate vinegar (I did not have any pomegranate vinegar, so I used 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and 1/2 cup white wine vinegar instead with great results!)
•1-1/4 c. sugar
•1/2 c. water
•1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
•1/2 tsp. kosher salt
•2 tbsp. dried chives
•2 tsp. Dijon mustard

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix well. Chill. Pour over salad just before serving.

3 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

Oh. Wow. This sounds sooo good. I can't wait until I can safely eat feta again.

Linda Westover said...

And you didn't invite me to come and try it...what a shame. It sounds fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I haven't made it yet... but if you ever do *I'll* expect an invite!