I found this recipe in Parade Magazine. It's really simple and very good.
4 1/2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 1.4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup sliced pears
1. Cut the butter into chunks and put in a 8x8 pan or a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Place in
the oven as it preheats to 350 degrees about 5 minutes, or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, whisk together dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
2. Pour batter over the hot butter; top with the pears. Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean. As they bake, the pears will sink to the bottom.
3. Cool 30 minutes. Served slightly warm. Would be extra good with whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream. Makes 8 or 9 servings
3 comments:
Mmmm . . . Clayton *loves* pears. I need to find someone to can some pears for me this fall!
I was lucky enough to be at mom and dads the night she made this and it was SO YUMMY!!!
I'll help if I get to have extra time with the baby!
You ought to try this recipe now--it only takes 2 pears from the grocery store.
Post a Comment