Thursday, July 30, 2009
HOT mama
The weather in Portland has been absolutely awful this past week. I can handle the 90's, but 3 days of 100+ temperatures, PLUS humidity, equals one cranky pregnant woman. I guess it's not just being cranky, but so tired that all I want to do is lounge on the couch and fall asleep, but it's too hot to sleep. You get the point. Homes in Portland generally don't have central air, but we do have a window a/c in our bedroom. If we didn't have that, we'd be sleeping in a hotel! Needless to say, it has been too hot to cook. Period. There goes the budget for eating out! As I'm sitting here at 8:55 p.m., the thermometer outside reads a crisp 80 degrees. Compared to yesterday's 104 at 7 p.m. I'LL TAKE 80!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have my sympathy -- Having had two end-of-July babies, I know exactly what you're going through. Now is the time for fabulous salad suppers, whether it is a chef's salad or a pasta salad. And if the family isn't satisfied with that, they know where the PB is.
We'd invite you up here but it's been just as hot. Lee Ann and Tate have been here all week because of our room air conditioners. Broke the 118-year hot temp on Wed. My van temp said 110 as well as my thermom on the front of the house! Crazy!!
Mom, don't say the PB word!! That'll make Roberta sad!!
I remember your pain--but I don't think it got that hot when I was expecting Erin, or Jennae! Take advantage of your condition and don't stress about dinner, if the kids are hungry, they will think of something to eat!
Post a Comment