Thursday, January 16, 2014

Apple Puffed Pancake

I made some mini Dutch Babies for the first time EVER a few weeks ago, and they were delish.  Here's the next recipe on my list from my new cookbook...

Apple Puffed Pancake
Yields 6-8 servings

6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour
3 T granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
2-3 T brown sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
In the oven, melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish; add apple slices and return to oven until butter sizzles.  Do not let it brown.  Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples.  Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake in middle of oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and brown.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

R & S said...

I made these right after you posted this and I forgot to comment, but we all loved these! They were like German pancakes, but even better (which I didn't know was possible). Thanks for sharing!