Saturday, March 2, 2013

Orange and Avocado Salsa


My friend Jody made this delicious "dip" for Girls' Night and it was fantastic!

Orange and Avocado Salsa

3 cups orange sections, chopped (about 4)
2 1/2 cups pink grapefruit sections, chopped (about 2 large grapefruit)
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced jalapeƱo pepper
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 diced peeled avocado

Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!!!

Unknown said...

It was amazing. The tastes just melded together and complimented each other. Melded - is that even a word?

Unknown said...

I added a little fresh pineapple to the batch I just made and it was even better!

Dawn E said...

Any substitution ideas for the onions - rather than just leaving them out?

Unknown said...

Dawn, you could easily just leave them out - I love a good sweet onion!