Queso Fundito
Yields 4 servings
1 (12 oz) jar of roasted red peppers - or you can roast your own
1/2 cup heavy cream - you could also substitute half-and-half if you want a slightly lower fat option
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Jack cheese
3 T. thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1 pickled jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced - I suppose you could use a raw pepper as well, or even substitute with canned peppers
Thinly slice 2/3 cup of the roasted red peppers, reserving the remaining for other uses.
Pour cream in an 8" cast-iron skillet. Add peppers and shredded cheese to skillet.
Broil 6 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and is golden brown. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and jalapeno peppers.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
This would also be delicious with some chorizo sausage mixed into the dip. If you don't have a cast-iron skillet (like me), I would think you could also do this in any oven-safe dish. I've even got a little mini-crockpot that might work well.
No comments:
Post a Comment