Monday, January 24, 2011

Let them eat pie

Yesterday was National Pie Day, and in celebration (and to celebrate their 6th birthday), our local bakery hosted an apple pie baking contest on Saturday. Of course I had to enter Mom's Sour Cream Apple Pie, and it was beautiful!
Sadly, I did not win the grand prize, but the competition was fun, and we had plenty of pie to eat at home, as Aaron convinced me that I needed to make 3 pies, and enter the best one.  Isabelle polished off the last piece for breakfast this morning, and before I had the chance to clean off the table, I walked in and saw this:
The kid knows what he likes.





3 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Oh my goodness! He has changed so much!! What a smart boy for knowing the good stuff!

Ruth Sagers said...

How could your pie NOT win first place?? It was absolutely beautiful and looked delcious :)

Unknown said...

I know, I know. Maybe they were looking for a more traditional apple pie. Who knows. I'm always a winner in my husband's eyes :)