Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the house

Okay, no recipes on this entry, but here are some pictures of the house we're buying. As you can see there is a LOT of updating that needs to be done, but everything works so we'll live with the blue sinks/toilets/tubs and 60's lighting for awhile. The house is only 2 miles from where we are now, it has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 3 fireplaces, and a full basement! I've already got ideas for the kitchen: white subway tile backsplash, paint the cabinets a nice bright white, maybe butcherblock countertops, and eventually new appliances and floor. Okay, it needs a complete overhaul, but that will have to come later on. Anyhow, enjoy the pictures.









7 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

Um, pretty sure that you never even told me that you were moving! I heard it through the grapevine! What's up with that?! Jk, it looks awesome. More room for your growing family. Congrats!

Linda Westover said...

Blue sinks and tubs sure beat grey ones. You will LOVE having two ovens! We're just really excited for you. You've needed a larger home for some time, and now it will actually be yours. Yea!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea for new houses! Super excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

And it's got 6 burners! 4 on one counter and 2 on the other. We'll make do with what we've got...for now!

Karen said...

WOW!! A new house?? Congrats! I can tell you lots about blue sinks and about how long you'll be able to live with them. Would you be interested in my custom made sinks that go with the blue?? I have some tiles for the backsplash too.

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

it's okay ruth, she didn't tell me either! congrats though!

Shelene said...

Congrats! Hope your move is as pleasant as ours....wait, that's a horrible thing to say!!! I hope it is simply as wonderful as a move can be! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!