Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My sad, sad attempt

A lot of you have made beautiful cakes using the Marshmallow Fondant recipe in the family cookbook, and for Isabelle's upcoming 5th birthday I thought I'd give it a shot. Let me just say how much I look forward to NOT doing it again. I made such a mess, and it was such a pain - here's my sad attempt...from a distance. I'm obviously not a cake decorator!



5 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

For a first time using fondant, that's not bad. Trust me I would know! You see the first cake I did with fondant, not that wasn't pretty! Also the marshmellow fondant is MUCH easier to work with than regular fondant! Good job!

Eric Westover said...

It looks great and it looks like Isabelle is pretty satisfied with it too.

Brenda Sue said...

It looks great Roberta!! Excellent job!

Linda Westover said...

I think it's a darling cake!! You just have to learn NOT to be a perfectionist. Happy Birthday and lots of love to that cute girl!

Anonymous said...

I looks great!!!! Good job Bert! I'm sure Isabelle loved it! Hope she had a great day!