Monday, May 18, 2009

Yogurt, fruit & oatmeal

While camping this last weekend, one of my friends was in charge of making breakfast for us all, and what she did was quick and easy but tasty, filling, and healthy. It was a great meal for camping or when you're in a hurry because there was little to clean up. So I thought I'd share her little concoction.

Basically, you can use the following ingredients in amounts proportionate to how many people you are serving.

Any variety or flavor of yogurt
Any type of fruit you desire
Quick oats or oatmeal, uncooked.
So all she did was chop up the fruit into bite size pieces, then placed fruit along with the yogurt and oatmeal in a bowl and mixed them up. She used apples and bananas with strawberry yogurt, but you could probably get creative with the flavors that you like. The oatmeal added a nice crunch and good texture.

It was good, give it a try!

2 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Thanks Ruthie! That sounds super yummy! Especially now that its getting way hot in Utah.

Unknown said...

I'd rather it was granola, but it sounds...interesting with the oats.