Sunday, December 14, 2008

Here's my report on the Pear salad for 70! It turned out great with a couple of hiccups. I bought two bags of BEAUTIFUL pears at Costco on Monday and Tues. night I went to check on them and discovered they were bruised and mushy. I sliced up the worst of them and dipped them in salt water to keep them from going brown and they went basically disintegrated. Into the blender they went to be used for slushies or something. "I'll think about this tomorrow." When I made the dressing the next day, it was very thick. So I added some of my slushy pears to thin it down a bit. Nice touch to the flavor of the dressing. I had two HUGE bowls of lettuce mix, the remaining pears sliced, and the rest of the ingredients and away we went to RS. I mix the salads and put a spoonful on each plate along with a molded citrus salad (Lion House cookbook) chilled in cupcake papers. I took each serving out of the paper and turned it upside down and topped it with a marachino cherries half and a sprig of parsley. They were really cute with little ruffled edges. Everybody got a long, skiny cracker on the top of their plate and they LOVED it.

3 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Its hard to imagine you of all people having food disasters!! I'm sure it tasted wonderful!

Linda Westover said...

So what's the dressing recipe that you used with the wonderful pears?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything turned out yummy!

Mom, the dressing I think she used is from the Autumn Pear Salad recipe I posted a little while ago.